#iwill Youth Action Day
On Thursday 5th of June the Special Agents of Change together with some parents took action to improve the environment around the Community House. They worked very hard all morning gardening and planting flowers. Lavender and Geraniums were chosen to populate the bee community as they have a great impact on the environment. According to research the numbers of bees have declined significantly affecting the reproductions of flowers and plants. It is hoped that this will attract more bees and insects allowing more pollination to occur and help the environment around the Community House blossom and bloom again.
Jubilee Centre Birmingham University
Mrs Jones represented Yeading Junior School at the Jubilee Centre, Hub of Character Education, Birmingham University on the 10th May 2019. 'Character is like a stick of rock; it has to run through all of what you do implicitly and explicitly'
Yeading Junior School is working in partnership on projects with the following organisations:
- New Bucks University London Borough of Hillingdon- Social Work Students are on placement in the student unit.
- Brunel University- Value Based Education
- Team London – Children take part in the City Pitch and other projects
- WE Schools – Children learn how to make social/global changes to help people in need.
- Yeading Cluster Schools- Yeading Cluster Schools (YCS) is made up of ten schools based in Hayes who have formed a cohesive alliance to deliver projects across a number of subjects benefiting children, families and the community.
- Ecole Jean Moulin – Children from Yeading visit France for the day engaging with French children. Ecole Jean Moulin children visit Yeading and join in with the learning.
- UNICEF Rights Respecting Schools – Yeading Junior is a Rights Respecting School
- Northwood Live at Home Scheme- An Intergenerational programme aimed to improve communication between the two generations. Children assist the elderly with Ipad training.
- Yeading Library- working closely with Yeading library and promoting reading at all levels
- Classics for All
- Strong and Active Communities (Hillingdon Council)
- Chance for Children Trust – Support troubled children through arts and music.